Friday, December 26, 2008

BOOK REVIEW
by Papa

Title: Magyk (Septimus Heap, Book One)
Author: Angie Sage
Recommended Age: 8+
Pages: 564
Time: About 2 weeks
Rating: 8/10

Magyk is the first of the Septimus Heap series of books.  I had no idea what the book was about before I read it and I think the less you know about it, the better.  So, I won't go into much about the book except that it's a fantasy that includes witches, wizards, magical creatures, and royalty.

Favorite Thing: I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't read the book.

Least Favorite Thing: There are drawings at the beginning of every chapter, but a lot of the drawings are used more than once.  I guess I'm just used to Harry Potter where each chapter gets its own unique artwork.

Questionable Material for Kids: The book mentions characters who either die or are dead.  It's fairly light-hearted most of the time, but it deserves mentioning.

No comments: